Claim Money Back Through the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme – Update
Find out how to claim the reimbursement for discounts given to diners with the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme.
Who Can Claim?
If you have registered your establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme and offered scheme discounts to diners on Mondays to Wednesdays between 3 and 31 August, you can now:
- claim back the discount given on food and non-alcoholic drinks
- submit weekly claims for August until 30 September
- You must make the claim yourself, you cannot ask an agent to do it for you.
- You must enter accurate details for all the establishments you’re claiming for before submitting your claim. If you need to amend information later your payment may be delayed.
When You Can Claim
You can make a claim after 7 days from the date of your registration. You can only claim for scheme discounts you offered on or after the date you registered.
What You’ll Need
To claim you’ll need the records you’ve kept for each day you’ve used the scheme, including the:
- total number of diners (covers) who have used the scheme, including children
- total amount of discount you’ve given
- period you’re claiming for
If you’re making a claim for more than one establishment, you will need to have the:
- records for each establishment
- overall total value of the claim for all establishments ready before you claim
How to Claim
You can make up to 5 claims before 30 September. You cannot claim after that.
When you sign into the service you must choose the periods that you are claiming for, from:
- 3 to 5 August
- 10 to 12 August
- 17 to 19 August
- 24 to 26 August
- 31 August
You’ll also need to enter the total number of covers and claim value for each establishment that has offered the scheme discount. You can read examples on how to work out the total amount of discounts.